Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This is for you, Sweetheart





A few days ago, Amanda, Vayu, Evelyn, and I went to a nearby farmstand and found/bought wonderful fresh vegetables, including...

HUGE brussels sprouts... hopefully, there will be pictures above of them - cleaning, and cooking.  I did my best to make them like my husband does:  ie., seared - almost black - on one side, with garlic.  Well, Tim also adds chopped bacon or pancetta, and that's not my cup of tea, so I left that part out.

They were wonderful (emphasis, "Wahhhn-der-ful" --- Sarah P-C says she loves the way I say it; it's a little embarrassing.  : )

We had them with the udon soup last night.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Sounds awesome - can't wait to see them! (No pictures yet...)

Tim said...

Great pictures! They look delicious, even without pancetta...