Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sad departure

We're on our way to Punakaiki to see the Pancake Rocks, and we'll stay at The Rocks Homestay there.

It was very difficult saying goodbye this afternoon. The group of people staying at the retreat center were really special and fun people. I will never forget Sarah, Tim (the other Tim), Paulo, Kristine, Erik, Takako, Di, and Kadri.

As I walked to the car, I looked back, and will now always remember seeing them all talking and smiling together on the deck outside the yoga room, with Buzz Lightyear (the Scott's black lab) standing up on hind legs with his front paws on Kristine.

John and Lucy were so giving and inspiring, and they left us with much to practice, and much to fondly remember.

I'm glad I had some time to spend in front of John's altar in the yoga room before I left. It's a very special, comforting, and inspiring place.

Funny thing... as we walked out to the car, the ram (from next door's sheep farm) was up near the driveway under the same tree as when I first arrived two weeks ago. He seemed to want to say, "Goodbye... and come back soon."


Time to get back on the road.

No comments: