Monday, January 12, 2009

Resurrection

Time to resurrect the Eight Limb Yoga blog... for several reasons, the main one being that I'm headed back to New Zealand for John and Lucy Scott's Level 1 Ashtanga Teacher Training.  

[I don't think that we're supposed to call it "teacher training," so... well, consider it a very intensive study of Ashtanga yoga.]

The energy of change is here, and while the fear of change is palpable, I also sense a real energy of opportunity, of open-mindedness, of awareness...

Having this opportunity ahead of me leaves me feeling completely grateful, fortunate, and humble.  The practice of yoga is ever-humbling, ever-inspiring, and ever-centering.

As the Buddhists often suggest, you practice not just for your self, but for all sentient beings, and as the yogis say, it is for connecting with the Self (upper-case "S").  These are my intentions.

Offer it all to the Divine in all.  Be with the energy in each moment, each breath.

Thank you to all of my loving family, friends, clients, and students, for being present.  Thank you to my incredible, loving husband, Tim.  


I leave February 27, and will return April 4... why five weeks?  The last week, following the 4-weeks of intensive study, will be practice with Manju Jois, son of Pattabhi Jois.  Since I've never studied with Manju or Pattabhi Jois, the time seemed ripe to do so.  John and Lucy will be practicing in the same group with me... should be quite interesting; ie., the energy in the room, the energy at Stillpoint Yoga in Upper Moutere, NZ.

May our practice, as every practice, be for the benefit of all sentient beings.

No comments: